The first school run by the Sisters of Charity was founded in Pantasaph (North Wales) in 1861; it developed into the renowned St Aloysius High School. More schools, in Preston and Newnham-Paddox, amongst other places, would follow. In addition to education, the sisters took care of orphan children and looked after the sick. In 1961, Great Britain became an autonomous province. Gradually, the major works of mercy lessened and were replaced by work within the parishes and catechesis. In 1971, a new community was founded in Limerick (Ireland).
Until 2009, one community was based at Preston, which included sisters from another congregation. When the building was sold, almost all sisters moved to the rebuilded home at Pantasaph, which now accomodates three sisters. One sister lives and works at Queensferry. Another two sisters live in Ireland.
There are three houses. Bryn Mair Convent and Queensferry in United Kingdom and Saint Andrew's, in Limerick, Ireland.
We are all retired from employment,those of us who are able, in our own situation, work in a voluntary capacity, in social and pastoral care.